Episode 23 of the Talkin’ Tech podcast for all our PodPeople! This week Dom, Mark and special guest, Greg are on board to talk about Apple, Oppo and Huawei amongst other topics.
Here’s episode 23 of Talkin’ Tech, the weekly podcast from the MobileTechTalk team. Join us each week for discussion and opinions, news, sneak peaks and more from the world of mobile technology and beyond.
This week we look at:
- Google Releases MODE watchbands designed for quick switching bands for 16,18,20 or 22mm watchband enabled watchs – http://www.theverge.com/2016/4/26/11508842/googles-mode-watchband-system-swapping
- Apple earnings, pretty much evrything important had a decline – http://www.mobiletoday.co.uk/news/industry/41090/apple-sales-fall-for-the-first-time-as-iphone-takes-a-hit.aspx?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
- Apple music has 13m paying subs, but iPhone sales fall – http://www.whathifi.com/news/apple-music-hits-13m-subscribers-iphone-sales-drop
- iPad sales have fallen for 9 straight quarters, thats 2 years and 3 months, the iPad is barely a 5 year old product and its sales have been declining nearly half that
- Jide had to update the Remix Mini, unfortunately Google made it remove Google Mobile Services : http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/05/06/jide-is-removing-google-apps-from-remix-mini-in-new-remix-os-update/
- Oppo F1 Plus review from AC, It’s pretty much an iPhone clone, but that’s not always a bad thing: http://www.androidcentral.com/oppo-f1-plus-review
- Huawei P9 got torn down by iFixit, received 7 out of 10, turns out the specialist camera module is actually smaller than that of the iPhone 6s: http://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_p9_teardown_by_ifixit_yields_7_out_of_10_repairability_score-blog-18121.php
- LG Innotek makes a fingerprint scanner that can be implemented under glass, meaning less ugly obviously fingerprint sensors: http://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2016/5/2/11564368/fingerprint-sensors-buttonless-2016
- Turn the rest of your arm into touchscreen controls for a smartwatch: http://www.technobuffalo.com/2016/05/07/skin-track-carnegie-mellon/
If you’re feeling generous, take a look at www.patreon.com/mobiletechtalk for more info on how you can help us!
Fancy getting involved? Head on over to the “Join Us” page and let us know and we could be seeing you on Talkin’ Tech!!