Episode 22 of the Talkin’ Tech podcast for all our PodPeople! This week Dom, Mark and Chris discuss Quick Charge, Apple and ChromeOS.
Here’s episode 22 of Talkin’ Tech, the weekly podcast from the MobileTechTalk team. Join us each week for discussion and opinions, news, sneak peaks and more from the world of mobile technology and beyond.
This week we look at:
- Benson Leung says QC3.0 enabled devices are things he wouldn’t recommend, as QC3.0 goes outside the safe USB-C P.D spec, qualcomm responds – http://www.androidcentral.com/qualcomm-addresses-usb-type-c-and-quick-charge-30-compatibility?utm_medium=superfeature&utm_campaign=navigation&utm_source=ac
- Orzly 4 Pack USB A to C Cable (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B018F8BGLA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)
- Remember Project loon? The internet weather balloons? Well, one of them crashed in Chile – http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2016/04/one-of-googles-loon-balloons-crashed-in-chile/
- Textra Devs sending “don’t be a dick and stop pirating our app” texts to people using pirated version of its app – http://www.xda-developers.com/xda-external-link/textra-dev-sends-notices-to-android-app-pirates/
- Hardcore S.O.B desolders the 32gb eMMC 4.5 chip on his nexus 5, replaces it with a 64gb eMMC 5.1 chip, has balls bigger than most – http://www.xda-developers.com/nexus-5-hardware-modded-to-64gb-internal-storage-by-replacing-emmc/
- Meizu releases another phone, the M3, coming in at a little over $90USD, hot damn – http://pocketnow.com/2016/04/25/meizu-m3-official-specs-features-ultra-low-price
- Very soon, Apple will mandate that all Apple Watch applications need to be native code not just phone app extensions, probably should have been the case from the beginning – http://www.techradar.com/news/wearables/soon-all-apple-watch-apps-will-have-to-work-without-an-iphone-1319681
- Google Play Store on ChromeOS may finally stop bitches from moaning, but probably not. – http://www.theverge.com/2016/4/24/11500082/chromebooks-android-app-support-coming
If you’re feeling generous, take a look at www.patreon.com/mobiletechtalk for more info on how you can help us!
Fancy getting involved? Head on over to the “Join Us” page and let us know and we could be seeing you on Talkin’ Tech!!