Belkin, the Connected Things division within the newly merged Belkin International and Foxconn Interconnect Technology (FIT) entity, today announces the global debut of its Thunderbolt 3 Dock at IFA 2019.
The Belkin Thunderbolt 3™ dock comes at a time where both corporate offices and coworking spaces are embracing the idea of “hotel desks.” These unassigned, operating-system agnostic desks are based on the premise that employees should be able to work wherever and whenever they want without having their productivity interrupted.
According to this recent article which pulled from a number of different surveys on workspace trends:
- Up until 2022, the number of coworking spaces is expected to grow at an annual rate of 6% in the U.S. and 13% elsewhere
- In 2018, the number of coworking spaces rose 16% in the U.S. and 36% outside the U.S.
- Europe is forecasted to see 255 million square feet of flexible space in 2019, which represents a 12% increase
Thunderbolt 3™ Dock
- Works well in corporate offices and co-working spaces as they are embracing the concept of hotel desks
- Multiple ports – 4 USB-A 3.0, 1 USB-A 3.1, 2 Thunderbolt 3™ ports, USB-C 3.1 port, Gigabit Ethernet, Display Port, Audio In/Out, 85W Upstream Charging – for all-in-one connectivity to Thunderbolt 3 device
- Compatible with Windows and Mac operating systems
- Supports two 4K displays at 60Hz or one 8K display at 30Hz
MSRP: $299.99 (~£245)
Availability: later this year
We’ll be looking to get our hands on this and see how it functions and whether it’s worth that rather lofty price!